Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tiny Bubbles

In April of 2002, my fiance and I were married. Like a lot of weddings, we were on a budget. Finding florists, decorations, DJ's, etc. on a shoe string was taking some imagination. What made it really imaginative was the fact that I would be taking all of the photography. I was a part-time professional photographer at one time, trained in-part by George Delgado. $orry George, we could not afford you. But even more imaginative was the making of our own wedding brews (3 to be exact).

My selection of brews were:
  1. A Golden Lager
  2. A Hefeweizen
  3. A Porter

In November of 2001, I had to start the porter. My porter recipe calls for 6 months cask conditioning only and no forced carbonation. I like small bubbles. I do not like large Coke-like bubbles in beer, so I rarely force carbonate. The Hefeweizen was begun in February of 02 (cask conditioned) and the Lager in March of the same year. Spreading it out over time helped me focus on other things too like the photography, my real estate and oh yea my bride to be.

Our good friend Irma was there to take these images while I was behind the camera.


People loved the wedding, the food, the music, but I must say that the beer made it more fun.

After it was all over, we honeymooned in Queensland AU.

We had the time of our lives there.

"The government will fall that raises the price of beer."--Czech Proverb

1 comment:

  1. It was a REALLY good beer! And don't you guys look cute.

    ReplyDelete