Friday, February 20, 2009

Homemade Pizza Oven 101


Part 1--Getting right to it, I made a pizza oven from an old Weber BBQ. You know which ones I am writing about, those round BBQs on a tripod of three legs--two legs with wheels and then a non-wheel leg. It is beer related, so I will put it on my blog because few things are as good as beer enjoyed with a great pizza.

While most of those old Webers may be rusting away in someone's backyard, why not rescue one and make a pizza oven. Here's what you do.

Stop! First things first though, you need the dough recipe. If you do not have the dough for the book (pun), then I can give you the gist of it. Just let me know.

Here's what you need so far:
  • Old Weber BBQ
  • Propane burner
Regarding the old Weber. It should be in reasonable condition. You might know someone who will just give it to you, but in this economy, they may try to get a few bucks for one. Heck, I paid $10 for mine. I like the red color.

Do that for now, then wait for my next blog. I will give you the design and resources then.

Until then... Cheer with a beer.

2 comments:

  1. I love the homemade pizza oven! And your recipe for the dough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! it amazing I liked very much .. super design .. Pizza Equipment For Sale

    ReplyDelete